With its leather-clad tabletop, slim tubular frame and solid-wood drawers, Arne Jacobsen’s AJ52 Society Table is as striking today as it was in 1952, when it was commissioned as a gift for the American-Scandinavian Foundation. The slender writing desk features a six-drawer unit in either solid oak, walnut or black-painted oak drawers, and matching solid-wood feet. It comes in two sizes – this is the larger of the two, measuring 63" x 27.5". The conical AJ52 Lamp Module is sold separately.
A timeless example of the Danish architect’s functionalist approach to design, Arne Jacobsen’s AJ52 Society Table was conceived in 1952, at the peak of his career. Jacobsen harnessed new techniques and materials to create the slender writing desk, which features a fine-structured leather top that wraps tightly around a tubular metal frame. Beneath the table, a six-drawer unit, also in wood and veneer, is suspended from fine metal tubes – a feature that, together with the slim frame and solid-wood feet, contributes to the desk’s air of lightness. The six-drawer unit can be mounted beneath the left or righthand side of the table; choose from solid oak, walnut or black-painted oak drawers and matching feet.
- DIMENSIONS: 28" H x 63" W x 27.5" D
- MATERIAL: Leather Table Top, Stainless Steel Frame, Solid Wood Feet, Solid Wood & Veneer Drawers
- LEATHER: Brown 2068 Leather, or Black 2002 Leather
- DRAWER CONFIGURATION: Right Drawer Mount, or Left Drawer Mount (Shown)
- DESIGN: Arne Jacobsen for Carl Hansen & Son