Hans J. Wegner
CH23 Dining Chair
PAPER CORD:Natural Paper Cord
WOOD:Oak SoapOak SoapOak LacquerOak OilOak White OilOak Black PaintedWalnut LacquerWalnut OilOak Walnut LacquerOak Walnut Oil
- FREE STANDARD DELIVERY
- SHIPS IN APPROX 6-15 WEEKS
The CH23 dining chair was one of the first chairs Hans J. Wegner designed exclusively for Carl Hansen & Søn in 1950. The pieces he created at this time were not only unique but also set new standards for modern furniture design with their artistic expression and ergonomic form.
Although the CH23 chair may appear uncomplicated at first glance, it incorporates many fine, sophisticated details, among them the elegant cruciform cover caps in the backrest, a double-woven seat, and arched rear legs that ensure optimal stability.
Carl Hansen & Søn reintroduced the CH23 in 2017, once again making the first masterpieces part of its collection. As always, the design remains true to Wegner’s original, hand-drawn sketches, with all aesthetic and structural components intact.
Custom leather seat cushions available for additional comfort and protection.
- DIMENSIONS: 30.9" H x 19.8" W x19.8" D
- SEAT HEIGHT: 17.5" H
- WEIGHT: 11 lbs (28.7 lbs packed)
- MATERIAL: Solid Wood Frame, Veneer Wood Back, Paper Cord Seat
- PAPER CORD: Natural Paper Cord or Black Paper Cord
- WOOD: Oak Soap, Oak Oil, Oak Lacquer, Oak White Oil, Oak Black Painted, Oak & Walnut Oil, Oak & Walnut Lacquer, Walnut Oil, or Walnut Lacquer
- DESIGN: Hans J. Wegner for Carl Hansen & Son