The CH26 dining chair by Hans J. Wegner finally came to life in 2016. The chair is another variant of a design Wegner had made exclusively for Carl Hansen & Søn in 1950.
An elegant dining chair with exceptional craftsmanship, the CH26 dining chair by Hans J. Wegner was put into production by Carl Hansen & Søn in close collaboration with the Hans J. Wegner Design Studio and in accordance with Wegner’s original working drawing. The chair is part of a series of iconic chairs Wegner created for Carl Hansen & Søn. Along with the CH22 lounge chair, Wegner created a working drawing for translating the lounge chair’s form into a dining chair, the CH26. Yet he never actually manufactured a mock-up of the armchair and it remained unknown to the public for decades. In 2016 – the same year as the reintroduction of the CH22 – Carl Hansen & Søn brought the CH26 design to life. The CH26 dining chair closely resembles the lounge version with its organic shapes, refined back and hand-woven seat, and features proportions ideal for longer periods of sitting at a dining table or a desk.
- DIMENSIONS: 31.1" H x 23.3" W x 20.4" D
- SEAT HEIGHT: 17.5" H
- MATERIAL: Solid Wood Frame & Arms, Veneer Wood Back, Paper Cord Seat
- PAPER CORD: Natural Paper Cord or Black Paper Cord
- WOOD / Finish: Oak / Soap, Oak / Oil, Oak / Lacquer, Oak / White Oil, Oak / Black Painted, Oak & Walnut / Oil, Oak & Walnut / Lacquer, Walnut / Oil, or Walnut / Lacquer
- DESIGN: Hans J. Wegner for Carl Hansen & Son