Hans J. Wegner, acclaimed as the "Master of the Chair" with some 500 designs to his credit, devoted considerable time and attention to perfecting the design of the rocking chair. The result of this effort is the exquisite CH45 Rocking Chair, designed in 1965 as part of a larger series for Carl Hansen & Søn. The CH45 echoes the Shaker-inspired Nordic minimalism of its siblings, the CH44 Lounge Chair, CH46 and CH47 Dining Chairs, and CH53 Stool. Its distinctive reclined ladder-back backrest is complemented by an enveloping paper cord seat for stylish comfort. The chair's perfectly proportioned dimensions and forward looking style provide total comfort while sitting, rocking, and rising.
- DIMENSIONS: 41.8" H x 24.0" W x 32.2" D
- SEAT HEIGHT: 15.3" H
- ARM HEIGHT: 26.2" H
- WEIGHT: 12.3 lbs (30.4 lbs packed)
- MATERIAL: FSC™-certified oak and FSC™-certified paper cord. Down-filled textile cushion.
- WOOD FINISH: Oak Soap, Oak Oil, Oak Lacquer, or Oak Black
- DESIGNER: Hans J. Wegner
- MANUFACTURER: Carl Hansen & Son