Designed for idiosyncratic displays of functional and aesthetic objects, FK63 Bookcase System transforms rooms with its bold presence.
Designed in 1963 by Preben Fabricius and Jørgen Kastholm, the piece is the result of a shared interest in functionally minimalist designs that focus on proportion, handcrafted details, and natural materials. The FK63 Bookcase System embodies the designers’ uncompromising approach to design, crafted in FSC™-certified (FSC C135991) solid oak, oiled to accentuate the texture and grain of the wood. It features thoughtful joinery details including full-width cabinets fitted with brass handles and open shelves with optional sliding trays – both of which are customizable to accommodate growing collections. Available in wall-mounted and standalone versions, the latter of which rests on a slender powder-coated metal frame.
- DIMENSIONS (STANDARD): 22" H x 44.1" W x 10.5" D
- DIMENSIONS (DEEP): 22" H x 44.1" W x 14.2" D
- CONFIGURATION: 2 Cubbies or 4 Cubbies
- MATERIAL: Solid Wood Frame, Wood Veneer Back.
- WOOD / FINISH: Oak / Oil, Oak / White Oil, or Oak / Smoked Oil
- DETAILS: Bookcases come prepared for wall mounting
- DESIGN: Preben Fabricius and Jørgen Kastholm for Carl Hansen & Son