Designed by Morten Gøttler in 1997, the MG501 Cuba Chair captures contemporary design with its ideal balance of form and function, and nods to previous masters who experimented with elevating the folding chair concept.
Born in Copenhagen in 1944 and originally trained in shipping, Morten Gøttler became a self-taught designer and architect known for his exceptional understanding of wood. He opened his own studio in 1972 and has worked in many genres, including furniture design, domestic art, packaging, toys, graphics and lighting. Gøttler’s clean, easy aesthetic is characterized by well-thought-out form, exquisite comfort, and close attention to detail – all brought to life using high-quality materials.
- DIMENSIONS: 30" H x 24" W x 31.1" D
- SEAT HEIGHT: 15.4" H
- WEIGHT: 13.2 lbs (14.8 lbs packed)
- MATERIAL: Untreated FSC™-certified solid Teak, Untreated Flat-weave outdoor rope
- COLOR: Natural Teak, Charcoal Rope or Sesame Rope
- DESIGN: Mørten Gottler for Carl Hansen & Son