- FREE STANDARD DELIVERY
- SHIPS IN APPROX 2 WEEKS
Designed by Bill Curry in 1962, the Stemlite was the first ‘total look’ lamp, a pioneering new typology that replaced the traditional base and shade construction with a singular all-in-one unit. Curry's Stemlite, was named “most influential lamp of the year” by Industrial Design Magazine in 1965 and was even used on the set of the original Star Trek TV series. While much imitated over the years, the original Stemlite series remained in production through 1977. Nearly a half century later, Danish design brand GUBI has remastered this iconic piece of American design history.
Today’s Stemlite collection remains true to Curry’s designs, with the original floor lamp and table lamp. A wall lamp and a pendant light have been engineered by simply flipping the original design upside-down. A counterweight has been hidden in the negative space created by the geometry of the foot of the upright lamps to meet contemporary safety requirements regarding stability.
- MATERIAL: Glass Shade, Steel Stem, Aluminum Base
- SHADE COLOR: Frosted Glass
- STEM & BASE FINISH: Black Chrome, Pebble Grey, Black Red
- CORD COLOR: Grey Textile
- DIMENSIONS: 15" D x 14.4" H
- CORD LENGTH: 157.5"
- WEIGHT: 5.1 lbs (8.2 lbs packed)
- BULB: Frosted Bulb, 10-11W LED, 1000-1200 lm, 120V, E26 Socket.
- CERTIFICATIONS: cUL listed
- DESIGN: Bill Curry
- MANUFACTURER: GUBI