Poul Henningsen's iconic PH 5 Pendant was designed in 1958 in reaction to constant changes in the shape and size of incandescent bulbs. With manufacturer Louis Poulsen's blessing, Henningsen endeavored to craft the new light to accept any bulb with grace and beauty. The resultant fixture proved completely glare free thanks to Henningsen's meticulous dedication to establishing just the right shade angle to emit a diffuse downward and lateral glow. Henningsen further experimented with the PH 5 by inserting small colored shades at the fixture's interior - adding red and blue discs to supplement colors humans are least sensitive to - in turn subduing the green and yellow hues we are most sensitive to. To celebrate the PH 5's 60th anniversary in 2018, Louis Poulsen released a new copper edition which was followed a year later by a brass edition. To this day, the PH 5 remains one of Poul Henningsen's most recognized fixtures, proving exceptional design never goes out of style.
- MATERIAL: Spun Aluminum or Spun Copper Shade with Anti-Glare Finish. White, Purple, Bronze, or Rolled Aluminum Struts.
- SIZE: 10.5”H x 19.5”W, 5 lbs
- COLORS: White Modern / Copper Struts, White Classic / Purple Struts, Grey, Rose, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, Copper, or Brass
- MOUNTING: 5.3" Dia x 0.9" H Canopy
- CABLE: 12' Long White Cord
- LIGHT SOURCE: 1 x 22W LED / A-21 / Medium Bulb / 120V
- CERTIFICATION: cULus, Dry location
- DESIGN: Poul Henningsen
- MANUFACTURER: Louis Poulsen