Poul Henningsen first designed his three-shade system from 1925-1926. The several shade design was part of Henningsen's scientific approach to creating soft shadows and glare-free lumineers that direct light where it's needed most. To achieve this even distribution of light, Henningsen used the logarithmic spiral. The earliest versions of the fixture were made of metal, while the glass shade versions where introduced as the series evolved over time. The PH 4½-3½ Glass Floor Lamp, in its current form, was introduced in 1990.
- MATERIAL: White Opal Glass, Metal with High Lustre Chrome Plating
- SIZE: 49.2”H x 17.7”Dia, 31 lbs
- CABLE: 7' Long Cord with In-Line On/Off Foot Switch
- LIGHT SOURCE: 1 X 15W LED / 120V / A-19 Medium Bulb (not included)
- CERTIFICATION: cULus, Dry location
- DESIGN: Poul Henningsen
- MANUFACTURER: Louis Poulsen